Thursday, May 29, 2008

Commitment & Desire

I was once asked, "what's commitment?" Here's my take by sharing a story/reply:
A chicken and a pig were having a discussion. The chicken said, "I am committed to giving one egg everyday." "That's not commitment," the pig said. "That's just participation. Giving bacon, now, THAT's commitment!"

Nothing happens without commitment.
Commitment is as simple as giving and keeping your word. Doing your best. Commitment is doing what you said you would do
- whether or not you feel like it today.
If you fail in a commitment, take another look at it and ask yourself,
"Did I quit too soon?"

Ignore what a man Desires and you ignore the very source of his power...
If you're going to succeed, you've really got to WANT TO, not just wanting to want to.
For me, I simply apply what Nike motto says: Just Do it! But ofcos, it has to be in line with what both your head and heart tell you.

No comments: