Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What a Beautiful & Memorable Sunday! (18th May 2008)

Fast & Furious! Slow & Calm! A coming of 2 distinct feelings were felt.

What a 2nd impression we had of each other upon picking my friend up before heading to ECP in the afternoon. Got on my rented Bike while she strapped up her blades. And off we go towards Changi. Stopped for a short break along the way at the hawker centre for sugarcane to cool down the heat and chatted. Helped her down from the steps as we proceed and continue our exploration of ECP. Cycling and blading towards the "horizon" away from the crowd.

Midway she held on to the bike as we pull away from the crowd. Finally we stopped at our unplanned destination which was peaceful and offer a wonderful view of the Sea and Plane taking off, including a memorable Eagle who soar above the sky. We sat, talk and laze there while absorbing the spaciousness of the beach and watching the sky turns dark, it was almost 3 hrs later before we headed back.

The journey back was very smooth and less crowded. She held on to my bike's handle bar while I paddle on. Somewhere along the way, there was a sudden claster of people coming from both directions, my friend released her grip and bladed ahead while I followed closely behind. That was when a precious moment was formed in a blink of an eye. My strong concern of her safety and a sudden fear that she was going to be knocked down by the crowd that set upon us suddenly. Damn, I was like wanting to throw my bike aside and just run up and catch her if she was to fall. Thank GOD nothing bad happen, and we both survive the onslaught. What a relieve!

to be continued...

No comments: